As a part of the project Heal and Connect: Towards the improvement of mental health protection of vulnerable groups through networking and evidence-based practice, funded by GIZ, PIN is opening a call for a research expert for developing approaches on evidence-based mental health and psychosocial interventions for working with vulnerable persons.
The research expert will be expected to:
- Participate in creating and developing a network of shelters for human trafficking survivors by attending meetings and conducting necessary preparatory and follow-up activities
- Conduct desk-research on evidence-based mental health and psychosocial interventions for human trafficking survivors
- Develop approaches on evidence-based mental health and psychosocial interventions to be used with vulnerable persons and indicators for their monitoring and implementation
- Develop methodology and conduct 16 focus groups with representatives and staff of shelters for human trafficking survivors
- Analyze data obtained from focus groups with shelters’ representatives and staff
- Conduct necessary preparatory and follow-up activities for focus groups (writing reports, meeting with project staff, etc.)
- Disseminate results to relevant stake-holders
Period of Services: between 17th of January 2022 and 30th of November 2022.
Working days estimation: 75 working days
Research service value estimation: 13.500,00 euros.
The call is open to researchers with relevant background in social sciences, psychology, public health, political science etc. All-carrier stage researchers are eligible; both independent researchers and researchers affiliated with academic institution are eligible to submit offers.
The advantage will be given to candidates that fulfill the following criteria:
- PhD degree/candidate in relevant field (social sciences, psychology, public health, political science)
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in private or public sector
- Experience of direct provision of MHPSS services to human trafficking survivors
- Experience in conducting qualitative research, specifically applying in-depth interviews and focus groups.
- Experience in working with international donors or civil society organizations
- Expert’s qualifications.
- Relevant previous research experience; credentials of principal investigator /research team; number, level and type of previous publications; successfully delivered similar projects.
The offer must include:
- Research expert’s CV highlighting the experience relevant for this project
- The researchers are encouraged to submit other documents that speak to their competences and could be relevant for assessment ability to deliver the project (e.g. previous research reports/scientific publications list/thesis/project contracts/letters of recommendation)
- Financial offer
Offer with all supporting documents should be submitted in electronic form via e-mail: email@example.com no later than 24th of December 2021 at 12:00 (GMT+2).