As a part of the project Heal and Connect: Towards the improvement of mental health protection of vulnerable groups through networking and evidence-based practice, funded by GIZ, PIN is opening a call for a research expert for developing approaches on evidence-based mental health and psychosocial interventions for working with vulnerable persons.
The research expert will be expected to:
- Participate in creating and developing a network of shelters for human trafficking survivors by attending meetings and conducting necessary preparatory and follow-up activities
- Develop approaches on evidence-based mental health and psychosocial interventions to be used with vulnerable persons and indicators for their monitoring and implementation
- Conduct 16 focus groups with representatives and staff of shelters for human trafficking survivors
- Analyze data obtained from focus groups with shelters’ representatives and staff
- Conduct necessary preparatory and follow-up activities for focus groups (writing reports, meeting with project staff, etc.)
- Disseminate results to relevant stake-holders
Period of Services: between April 28, 2022 and November 30, 2022.
Working days estimation: 45 working days
Estimated maximal contract value: 10.290,00 euros.
The call is open to:
- Researchers with relevant background in social sciences, psychology or public health;
- All-carrier stage researchers are eligible;
- Both independent researchers and researchers affiliated with academic institution are eligible to submit offers;
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience;
- Worked on minimum two projects in conducting qualitative research, specifically applying in-depth interviews and focus groups.
The advantage will be given to candidates that fulfill the following criteria:
- PhD degree in relevant field (social sciences, psychology, public health, political science);
- Strong track-record of leading research projects;
- Publishing record in the field of mental health and public health (i.e. first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals; single author monographs/books/chapters; PI position on the national or international research projects);
- Work experience in the field of protection of trafficking in human beings;
- Experienced in communicating scientific research results to wider audience through research reports/advocacy briefs, etc;
- Experience in working with international donors or civil society organizations;
- Experience in working with State institutions and stakeholders;
- Expert’s education background and work experience;
- Relevant previous research experience;
- Credentials of principal investigator/research team;
- Number, level and type of previous publications;
- Work on similar projects;
- Financial Offer;
The offer must include:
- Research expert’s CV highlighting the experience relevant for this project (Expert’s education background and work experience; relevant previous research experience; credentials of principal investigator/research team; number, level and type of previous publications with clear indication of number of citations (both Google Scholar and Publons), h-index and i10-index; work on similar projects);
- The researchers are encouraged to submit other documents that speak to their competences and could be relevant for assessment ability to deliver the project (e.g. previous research reports/scientific publications list/thesis/project contracts/letters of recommendation)
- Financial offer indicating gross amount in EUR per working day;
Offer with all supporting documents should be submitted in electronic form via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 26, 2022 at 10:00 (CEST).