As a part of the project Heal and Connect: Towards the improvement of mental health protection of vulnerable groups through networking and evidence-based practice, funded by GIZ, PIN is opening a call for a research expert for creating guidelines for the provision of evidence-based mental health and psychosocial support in shelters for human trafficking survivors.
The research expert will be expected to:
- Participate in creating and developing a network of shelters for human trafficking survivors by attending meetings and conducting necessary preparatory and follow-up activities
- Creating guidelines on minimum standards for the provision of evidence-based mental health and psychosocial support in shelters for human trafficking survivors
- Presenting the guidelines on minimum standards for the provision of evidence-based mental health and psychosocial support in shelters for human trafficking survivors
- Design and deliver trainings on evidence-based mental health and psychosocial interventions to be used with human trafficking survivors, including necessary relevant preparatory and follow-up activities
- Disseminate results to relevant stake-holders
- Engage in necessary administrative and reporting activities (writing reports, meeting with project staff, etc.)
Period of Services: between 17th of January 2022 and 30th of November 2022.
Working days estimation: 53 working days
Research service value estimation: 13.250,00 euros.
The call is open to researchers with relevant background in social sciences, psychology, public health, political science etc. All-carrier stage researchers are eligible; both independent researchers and researchers affiliated with academic institution are eligible to submit offers.
The advantage will be given to candidates that fulfill the following criteria:
- PhD degree in relevant field (social sciences, psychology, public health, political science)
- Minimum ten years of relevant research experience in private or public sector
- Strong track-record of leading research projects
- Publishing record in the field of mental health and public health (i.e. first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals; single author monographs/books/chapters; PI position on the national or international research projects)
- Publishing record in the field of evidence-based interventions and mental health of traumatized populations
- Experienced in communicating scientific research results to wider audience through research reports/advocacy briefs, etc.
- Experience in working with international donors or civil society organizations
- Experience in working with State institutions and stakeholders
- Expert’s qualifications.
- Relevant previous research experience; credentials of principal investigator /research team; number, level and type of previous publications; successfully delivered similar projects.
The offer must include:
- Research expert’s CV highlighting the experience relevant for this project
- The researchers are encouraged to submit other documents that speak to their competences and could be relevant for assessment ability to deliver the project (e.g. previous research reports/scientific publications list/thesis/project contracts/letters of recommendation)
- Financial offer
Offer with all supporting documents should be submitted in electronic form via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24th of December 2021 at 12:00 (GMT+2).