As a part of the project Strenthening mental health through community support networks, implemented by PIN, within the German-Serbian Development Cooperation project Social Welfare Services for sensitive groups, funded by GIZ, PIN is opening a call for an expert to conduct research on existing psychosocial support services, aiming to map and analyse existing mental health and psychosocial support services in 15 selected municipalities across Serbia.
The research expert will be expected to:
- Conduct desk research on mental health services in Serbia
- Do a data collection through field visits, interviews, focus groups and surveys with local service providers, service users and stake-holders
- Analyze and interpret data (mapping and the evaluation of services and capacities at local level)
- Produce the report with supporting documents and chart presenting the research results and comments on the following topics:
- Availability and accessibility of all services and resources for addressing mental health and psychosocial support needs in the local context
- Gaps in psychosocial support services and local perspective on how those gaps could be closed
- Means of monitoring and evaluation of services
- Existing cooperation and coordination mechanisms between and within service providers and relevant stake-holders at the national and local level
- Disseminate results to relevant stake-holders
Period of Services: between 10th of October 2021 and 31th of March 2022.
Working hour estimation: 100 hours.
Research service value estimation: 7.500,00 euros.
The call is open to researchers with relevant background in social sciences, psychology, public health, political science etc. All-carrier stage researchers are eligible; both independent researchers and researchers affiliated with academic institution are eligible to submit offers.
The advantage will be given to candidates that fulfill the following criteria:
- PhD degree in relevant field (social sciences, psychology, public health, political science)
- Minimum ten years of relevant research experience in private or public sector
- Strong track-record of leading research projects (i.e. first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals; single author monographs/books/chapters; PI position on the national or international research projects)
- Publishing record in the field of mental health and public health
- Experience in conducting qualitative research, specifically applying in-depth interviews and focus groups.
- Experience in conducting quantitative research, specifically field research in different municipalities in Serbia and the region.
- Experience in working with international donors.
- Expert’s qualifications.
- Relevant previous research experience; credentials of principal investigator /research team; number, level and type of previous publications; successfully delivered similar projects.
The offer must include:
- Research expert’s CV highlighting the experience relevant for this project
- The researchers are encouraged to submit other documents that speak to their competences and could be relevant for assessment ability to deliver the project (e.g. previous research reports/scientific publications list/thesis/project contracts/letters of recommendation)
Offer with all supporting documents should be submitted in electronic form via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1st of October 2021 at 12:00 (GMT+2).